What can we help you find?

UAE Dependent VIsa

Prompt and Hassle-free Independent visa solutions for international entrepreneurs

Dependent Visa Services in UAE

Once your business is established in the United Arab Emirates and you as the business owner have a residence visa, you may or may not be able to obtain residency visas for family members or members or persons you hire for your household (e.g. maid or driver) babysitter) This resident visa is known as a UAE dependent visa. To receive it, the sponsor, currently based in the UAE, must earn at least the minimum wage that each emirate determines individually. A team of professional business consultants at MAD Middle East are here to help you through this complicated process in a hassle-free manner.

The residence visa application process, which is valid for one to three years, is very simple and consists of five steps:

  • Entry Authorization
  • Status Adjustment
  • Medical Fitness Test
  • Emirates Identity Registration
  • Visa Stamp

If you are a foreign national in the UAE on a resident visa, you are allowed to bring your dependents to UAE on a family visa. However, not everyone can take their dependents with them, because certain requirements must be met.

Quick Query

Requirements to Sponsor Someone for a UAE Family Visa

To be able to sponsor family members to the UAE, you need to fulfil the below-mentioned conditions:

  • Female expatriates must have a minimum monthly salary of AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 including accommodation
  • Male expatriates must have a minimum salary of AED 4,000 per month or AED 3,000 including accommodation

Also, all family members who are over 18 years of age must pass a medical fitness test which is conducted at a government-approved medical centre in the UAE. You will be tested for HIV and TB. The UAE does not recognize same-sex marriage, so you cannot sponsor your spouse if you are of the same sex.

Who Can You Sponsor for a UAE Family Visa?

It is easier for a male immigrant to sponsor a family member in the UAE than it is for a woman. If you are a man on a resident visa in UAE, you can bring the following family members to UAE on a family visa:

Your wife: If you are a Muslim, you can also sponsor two wives, but you have to meet certain requirements set by GDRFA.

Your sons: You can only sponsor your boys if they are 18 years and under. If a boy is over 18 years of age, you can still sponsor them, but only if they are students and only until they are 21 years old. If a boy is over 18 years of age, they must enter the UAE at least every six months. If you study abroad your UAE visa will be cancelled.

Your daughters: You can only sponsor your daughters if they are single

Your Parents: You can also sponsor your parents if you meet the following requirements:

  • You sponsor both parents unless one of them has died
  • You pay a security deposit as security for each parent
  • You will receive health insurance from your parents
  • You have a monthly salary of AED 20,000 or AED 19,000 plus two-bedroom accommodation

Your Stepchildren: You can also sponsor your stepchild if you receive a written statement of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the biological parent. The visa for stepchildren is valid for one year and can be extended.

Can aWoman Sponsor Her Family Members for a UAE Family Visa?

Yes, she can, but the criteria for a woman who sponsors her family in the UAE are higher than for a man:

  • The family members she can sponsor are her husband and children.
  • You must earn a minimum monthly salary of AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 plus accommodation
  • She has to work as an engineer, teacher or a medical profession (doctor, nurse, etc.).
  • In certain cases (and only with DRND approval) the woman may, if she has a sufficient monthly salary, qualify for sponsorship, even if she is not employed in any of the above categories.
  • If she has a husband who can sponsor the children, she can't do it alone. It must be her husband.

Documents Required for a UAE Family Visa

The documents that are required for supporting a UAE Family Visa application include:

  • Proof of the monthly salary the sponsor earns
  • The legalised marriage certificate
  • Proof of accommodation, such as the registered tenancy contract
  • The latest utility bill
  • UAE Visa Application Form (online or through a registered typing office)
  • Passport copies of the family member/s being sponsored
  • Passport-size pictures of the family member/s being sponsored
  • Medical clearance certificate for any family member over the age of 18
  • Copy of the sponsor’s employment contract or company contract

How to Apply for UAE Family Visa?

UAE family visas can be sponsored by expats or by their employers. As a foreigner, you must apply for a UAE family visa within 60 days of receiving your own UAE resident visa.

Applying for the UAE Family Visa

A family visa for UAE is a type of residence visa. Therefore, you must apply on behalf of your family members as soon as they are in the country with an entry permit. You can apply for a family visa at the offices of the Directorate General of Population and Foreigners (GDRFA) in the respective emirates.

How Long is a UAE Family Visa Valid?

Family visas for UAE can be issued for 1, 2 or 3 years and renewed at least 30 days before expiry. Family visas depend on sponsors. If the sponsor visa expires or is cancelled, the family visa is also void. However, dependent family members are given a grace period of 30 days during which they can check whether they can extend their residence visa.

Applying for a Family Visa Dubai

Since Dubai is part of the UAE, if you are an immigrant living in Dubai and wish to bring your family member with you, you have to fulfil the same sponsorship requirements as mentioned above. You can apply for a family visa of your family member at the local DDRFA office in Dubai. You can also apply through Amer, a website where Dubai citizens and residents can apply for family reunions, and visitors can use visas to extend their arrival. In case you don’t have any idea about the process of a dependent visa in the UAE, you can hire our professional consultancy services here at MAD Middle East to go through the process in a hassle-free manner.

Go Back